Please read the guidelines below and take the time to nominate any City Recorder or yourself to receive the Oregon Association of Municipal Recorders’ “Recorder of the Year” Award. You are encouraged to participate in this program, in order to acknowledge recorders and recognize their excellence and professional accomplishments.
1. Any individual OAMR member, board member, City Manager, or Mayor may submit a confidential nomination to the President no later than Friday, August 11, 2017.
2. The President shall select a recipient for the Recorder of the Year award from the nominations submitted. There may be years in which there are no outstanding nominees. The decision of the President is final.
3. Recognition will be at the annual conference and will include presentation of a plaque and complimentary registration at the following year’s annual OAMR conference. The registration is not transferable to anyone other than the award winner.
4. Criteria for selection are as follows:
a. Any OAMR member in good standing is eligible, with the exception of the President, First Vice President, and Second Vice President. A member in good standing means a fully paid member.
b. The nominee must have made an outstanding contribution or performed outstanding service to OAMR, to the profession of Municipal Recorder, or to an individual city during the association fiscal year. In general, it is not sufficient that a person performed his/her duties well. This award recognizes outstanding service and performance over and above the person’s job description.
c. Areas of expertise may include but are not limited to the following:
- Public Relations
- Organization and Administration
- Special Projects
- Legislative Procedures
- Council Procedures
- Records Management
- Emergency Preparedness
- Other: _________________________________________
Please use the Recorder of the Year Nomination Form to nominate a Recorder.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact:
PO Box 143
Nehalem, OR 97131