The Oregon Association of Municipal Recorders (OAMR) awarded and presented the 2018 President’s Award of Distinction to Scott Stauffer, CMC, City of Milwaukie at the Annual OAMR Conference Banquet at the Holiday Inn at the Airport, Portland, Oregon, on September 21, 2018.
This honor is bestowed upon a member of our association who has contributed greatly to a committee, or has performed exceptional work for OAMR, and nominations for this award are accepted only from OAMR members. Some areas considered might be in leadership, OAMR Committee work, lifetime achievement, OAMR programs or education development.
Since Scott became a member of OAMR in February 2014 he has done an amazing job of going above and beyond for OAMR and of course to his City by providing outstanding service to the Council, the employees and his community. He is an asset to OAMR by Chairing the Records Management Committee, one of the largest, most active, committees we have and still serves on other Committees in OAMR. A few of the comments I received about Scott are as follows:
As your President of the September 2018 Conference Banquet I was honored to present Scott Stauffer with this prestigious award. It was well deserved. Congratulations Scott!
Debbie Hamilton, CMC, Immediate Past President,
Senior City Recorder, Community Relations Director
City of Sutherlin
As Municipal Recorders, we are at the center of municipal government and play an important role in city government, as well as in the structure of our communities as a whole. Often, however, we look "outside" ourselves for acknowledgement and recognition. We are asking you to "look within" yourselves and our organization. Look at what you and other Recorders have accomplished this year.
The President’s Award of Distinction is awarded to an OAMR member who has contributed greatly to a committee of OAMR or has performed exceptional work for OAMR. Nominations for this award are accepted only from OAMR members.
1. Any individual member or board member may submit a confidential nomination to the President.
2. The President shall select a recipient for the “Award of Distinction” from the membership of OAMR. There may be years in which there are no outstanding nominees. The decision of the President is final.
3. Recognition will be at the annual conference and will include presentation of a plaque and complimentary registration at the following year’s annual OAMR conference. The registration is not transferable, and can only be used by the award winner.
4. Criteria for selection are as follows:
a. Any OAMR member in good standing is eligible, with the exception of the President, First Vice President, and Second Vice President. Member in good standing means a fully paid member.
b. The nominee must have made an outstanding contribution or performed outstanding service to OAMR during the association fiscal year.
c. Areas of nomination may include but are not limited to the following categories:
- OAMR Committee Work
- Lifetime Achievement
- OAMR Programs or Education Development
- Other: ___________________________________
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact:
Nicole Morris, MMC
Deputy City Recorder