To enhance the quality of our office and to encourage dedication to our profession,
by providing educational experiences of the highest quality as well as promote the professionalism of the office of municipal recorder.
Promote OAMR Membership throughout the State of Oregon.
Develop the incentive for professionalism through education of all members.
Provide programs and activities that will assist in the welfare and positive
progression of municipal government.
Foster closer relationship between recorders in the State of Oregon, and
promote the interchange of information between them.
Promote OAMR among other professional organizations.
- Encourage each and every Municipal Recorder, Clerk and related staff in the
State of Oregon to become actively involved in the Oregon Association of Municipal Recorders.
- Provide educational opportunities for all members.
- Keep all members informed of new laws or decisions which may affect their municipality.
- Discuss and analyze the proposed laws of the State of Oregon, and formulate, review and evaluate legislation affecting Municipal government.
- Periodically review by-laws.
- Maintain an equitable and affordable dues structure.
- Provide a current newsletter and mailing list.
- Maintain a current directory with members names, objectives, by-laws, goals
and mission statement.
- Increase participation in the IIMC Certification Program and MMC program.
- Continue fundraising promotion for educational scholarship programs and
future conference activities.
- Continue promotion of the Mentor Program.
- Work with State Government and other agencies for involvement in
the review process of records management, election procedures,
and other aspects that affect local government.
Code of Ethics
- Dedicated to the concepts of continued education, high quality service and professionalism.
- Affirm the dignity and worth of the services rendered. Maintain a constructive, creative and practical attitude and keep a deep sense of social responsibility as a trusted public servant.
- Remain dedicated to ideals of honor and integrity. Insist on performance which will merit the respect and confidence of peers and public.
- Recognize the City Recorders' role as a major representative of government, the direct link between the residents of their municipalities, their government and all local government positions.
- Provide information and assistance as requested and uphold and implement municipal policies adopted by elected officials.
- Make it a duty to improve professional ability and develop competence.
- Emphasize friendly and courteous service to the public; and seek to improve the quality and image of public service.
- Handle each problem without discrimination on the basis of principle and justice.
- Seek no favor; believe that personal gain or profit secured by confidential information or misuse of public time is dishonest.
OAMR 2000 GOALS, OBJECTIVES, MISSION STATEMENT, CODE OF ETHICS
The Oregon Association of Municipal Recorders was chartered in 1983, with goals, mission statement, and objectives adopted. In January, 2000, the Board of Directors approved updated goals, mission statement, and objectives, and also approved a code of ethics.